ZW3D 2025 What is your desired function____Current300/300?

HI ALL:

I launched a fan group in China, let everyone in the hope of the company to make comments, I think this event should face more ZW3D users around the world, if you are interested in participating, please put your creative release here, I will be included in this list.
Here I provide a record of our current table, you can see, he is all in Chinese, perhaps a bit difficult to understand, but there are some pictures that we are very familiar with

:grinning:

2 Likes

The pictures are nice. But I am still in 2020 and have 2022 and not using because of the change of the format. I have to get my work done. I design and build injection molds. Very busy, so 2020 is mostly solid for me.

1 Like

Hi Grasshopper, you choose where you stop but Z3 as software is rapidly evolving to service a larger user base.
Much of this list so far seems to be bug fix stuff which is great.
Normally resellers drive development direction. But here is an opportunity to be part of a user lobby group. So what and how do you want ZW3D to change/improve etc?
Cheers - Paul

Hi Liangfen,
my biggest compaint about ZW3D is that the UI is inconsistent and wasteful. There are some places where it is done well but in many places if a very clunky. I understand there is NO actual UI team making sure developers make consistent, easy and logical User Experience.
For example, the use of drop downs is a TOTAL waste os time and space. It also adds more clicks, hides options and clutters the UI.
I want a much cleaner faster experience. Not more junk.
e.g
Cheers - Paul

1 Like

+1 For removing Drop Downs from menus
Cheers
W

Well said. I rally haven’t gave it a lot of time. When the cam didn’t work in 2022, I gave up. Cheers-Paul You have been here as long I have VX-941. You moved on and I didn’t. Good luck

@Cowboy99
Awesome, has been included, should be commonly used options fixed!

@Grasshopper76
Awesome, has been included, should be commonly used options fixed

In sheetmetal you are not able to make a flange on a polygon edge. You have first to change the polygon into circle segment to be able to add a flange to that edge. In Solidworks it’s no problem to add a flange on a polygon edge.
Regards
Roland

1 Like

Hi Liangfen, all options should be visible all the time. Who decides if they are common or not? The user is he only one. But if hidden a user doesn’t know they are there. Duh! Hifing software function is folly.
Cheers - Paul

1 Like

@Cowboy99

On the panel to expand the issue, the official also for some measures, but that document records something a little less.

C:\Users\ :grinning:user :grinning:\AppData\Roaming\ZWSOFT\ZW3D.ini

Yes, it has many switches that do not allow the configuration file to be read. In this case you may need to use it in conjunction with (mapping key),
Initialize operations on the form, this operation requires you to know something about macros to handle.

1 Like

Example of UI needing improvement. 2024
Graphic shows need to better understanding of user requirement. Important fields need to be large enough to display available information.
In this case the UI has been improved so the fields size correctly but they start too small!
Cheers - Paul

1 Like

Highlight the ‘missing’ entity
MissingRefs

Z3 knows the entity is missing, so by definition, knows where it came from.
Therefore, display by some means, where it was last seen for a clue on how to correct the problem.
Cheers
W

2 Likes

@Cowboy99

The problem is covered,:grinning:

@WJones

The problem is covered,:grinning:

Run Separated Mode and Combined Mode at the same time by default (same as $olidWks)
CombinedMode
You can now remove these two options from the menu.
Cheers
W

Arrange Alignments

DragAlignments

Enable dragging Alignments up and down the list

DragAlignments2

Cheers
W

2 Likes

@WJones

This arrangement seems to have not been arranged automatically, the above list has been you said these two problems

@WJones

Probably to avoid patents.

@WJones

If you know how to use mapkeys
You can put these two commands into a hotkey.

asm.zip (276 字节)

@MAPKEY:kk
@NAME:cmp_pref+expd_all
@VERSION:28 #ZW3D2024
@OPTION:2
@DESCRIPTION:cmp_pref+expd_all
@ORDER:1
@STARTLINES:
[vxSend,"~AsmCall(cmp_pref)On"]
[vxSend,"~AsmCall(expd_all)"]
@ENDLINES

Or use the macro control, make it an icon, or put it in the right button.

asm.mac (158 字节)

1 Like