ZW3D 2020 Service Pack Release - July 2020

There is a Service Pack release for 2020 that fixes a number of issues. .
The install will recognize your existing install and keep all your settings which is really nice.
As soon as the release is public I’ll post a link.

Key Optimizations

CAD
Improved the ease of use of Blend Curve.
Added DME standard to moldbase.
Solved an issue where fixed components can still be moved.
Fixed an issue where sketch references of closed curves will lose after regeneration.
Fixed an issue where constraints can not be disabled when having problematic constraints.
Fixed an issue of failing to update a component when regenerating all components.
Fixed an issue where the k factor in sheet metal attribute can’t be saved to files.
Fixed a display problem where only pictures are shown in sketches.
Fixed an issue where the operations of Blank/Unblank will affect the regeneration results.
Fixed an issue where when executing Regen Assembly, all the components will be regenerated.
Fixed an issue where crashes may happen during file import or PMI annotation.
Fixed some errors in history regen and display.

CAM

Fixed an issue where some variables of operation list don’t work in the Polish version.
Fixed an issue where ZW3D may crash during solid verification.
Fixed an issue where the values of S & F output in CL are not the same as the values in the operation parameter form.
Fixed an issue where the results of turning thread output is wrong in the inch environment.
Fixed an issue where S values and F values can’t be saved together to an older tool library when executing Save All.
Fixed an issue where SGPost can’t work in ZW3D 2020.
Fixed an issue where the S values and F values are wrong in the operation list and operation view.
Fixed an issue where the solid verify results are incorrect after arraying toolpaths in ZW3D 2020.

We hope you like the new version.
Best regards,
The ZWSOFT Team

Service Pack now available.

https://www.zwsoft.com/zw3d/download-center

Cheers

Hello. I am learning on version 2021 and came to final stages of Mold extention -inserting standard components and cooling…trying to add components from DME company. But I can find only the Mold Bases, not any components(like screws, baffles, slides, locating rings, Interlocks cooling line design etc.)
When I look in the program subdirectory, I can see ZWMold>Standard>English>DME_INCH and in this subdirectory seems to be all the components I am looking for…but it doesn’t display under Mold extension command The window of any component is empty - I cannot even select DME supplier.
I am wondering if I have to do something(issue some special command) to initiate it or what? Can anyone help?

Hello…I’ve got a tip from someone today, that the DME components in Inches are there, but not under expected menu (the icon menu under MOLD-Library-like Loc.Ring, Screw, EGP etc…), rather under MOLD-Library-“General” Icon…The parameter(?) window opens on left side of the drawing screen and second item down are the different components by DME…like: Cooling, CorePin, DowellPin…GuidePins, Locating Ring etc…where you specify additional parameters…DME components

Hi Cowboy99

Do you remember the vernum of that version?

in the 2020 version the NC output in turning when it is in inches, throws this line of code

HI cale99:
This is really terrible. If there is no simulation & inspection, it will be a major accident.

1 Like