What does this mean?

Not long into using 2022 but already seeing some unwelcome messages.
This one happens everytime I open the program.
I also have a recurring regen issue with 3 objects showing as not latest version. When I regen them, I get the first two to regen and then the third one throws all three back into outdated (red).
This model only has about 10 objects and is a long way from being complete.

Any ideas on addressing these issues.
Regards
Ken.

Looks like this related to a file that has been imported.
I found 2022 to be very robust once I had things sorted my side. But there are some procedures to follow in converting to single object file system. I presume you are using that?
With out knowing your process and what you are doing it is not possible to advise here.
Cheers - Paul

Hi Paul
Thanks for the suggestions.
I am attempting to follow you suggestions from a while ago and not use single file objects.
I did notice though there is not “Multi Object File” in the new dialog box anymore. I have figured out how to create one though though much the same process as 2020.
Then when the file is created close this object using the return button image
Then create the new object/part using the same process as 2020. image.
Creating each part in this fashion so they are all in a single file.
I have just been building bits and pieces as it were to try and get a grip of the new version.
That is an interesting suggestion though. The only file that is imported is the model, using the Quick Import button on the toolbar. Which I have to say works much better than the last version.

Hi Ken,
From 2022 version on, I am a single object per file devotee.
Lots of upsides.
Downsides are you have to be organised in establishing object names etc.
Several alternative approaches.
Single bucket(folder) for All objects.
Folder structure to manage projects.
Two or more buckets, e.g. common parts, projects, assembles etc.

I’m OK with perhaps two folders BUT a semi intelligent numbering system that identifies single objects, sub assys as part of the last digits in a names. This also should allow for version changes.
The part number as such can be anything the powers that be choose.
Then CAD users can identify levels of parts directly from names, with our needing to look at file type.
If the there is a Family Part Number and all unique components use this at the beginning, you have neat name structures and fast visual access to project components.
Hiwever there are a lot of different ways to skin this cat, mine is the most convenient I have evolved for CAD department purposes.
Any of that make sense?

Cheers Paul

HI Russty:

There are strings such as HQR in zw3d documents. We can’t see them at ordinary times. This character will be displayed when an operation triggers a bug. I have also met…

在ZW3D文档中确实存在HQR这类字符串,平时我们看不见,某个操作触发BUG就会显示这个字符,我也遇见过。。。

I prefer single file mode (*. Z3prt,. Z3asm…)

我更推荐单文件模式(*.Z3PRT,.Z3ASM…)

Hi Paul and Mr Zhang

If you now believe a single file mode to be the best way forward, how do I handle the equation file?
For my example I have attached a photo of the complete bin lifter system, which has over 100 parts in the assembly, with smaller assemblies to build it up.
Where do I put the equation file for this, or should i give these away as well.image
Would be interested in your thoughts before I do much work.
I also noticed when I import this inventor file, it loses all constraints and drives. Is there any way to over come this. Particularly the bottom, blue arms, open up to go around the bin and the top actuator, black cylinder, has to rotate through 120 degrees, which obviously means the connecting arms have to have constraints with at least 1 DOF.
Thanks.

HI Russty:

Zw3d2022 has . Z3asm format for assembly. You can install . Z3pr to manage the design, and you can put the equation in the general assembly.
ZW3D2022 就有针对装配体的
.Z3asm 格式,你可以把
.Z3PR装进去管理设计,你可以把方程式放总装配体里也可以的。

For data imported by third-party software, this situation cannot be avoided. You need to reassemble it & constraints.
对于第三方软件导入的数据,这种情况无法避免,你需要重新装配它&约束。

Yes, there are also two functions. Zw3d is also designed for the transition from the old version to the new version. Maybe you can study it (please backup the data of the old file first!)

是的,还有两个功能,ZW3D他也是为老版本过渡新版本而设计的,或许你可以研究下他(请先对老文件做好数据备份!)

Hello Liangfen,

I have been following this thread for some days,now.
I have been user and support engineer on the software since 2007.
The single file mode was introduced a few years ago, in my opinion for those that were used to this from other software.
I have never seen this as an advantage above the multi object system.
Also, I have tried to understand the conversion option from legacy files.
In your last post, you write, You can study it, but I have not found any article in the help about it.
So, if the single file method is the new holy grail, I would recommend good documentation on it.
But again, I haven’t understood the advantages of it with respect to the multi object method.
I only see huge directories with lots of files in front of me, just for the same result.

Cheers!
Luurt

HI luurt4c:

*. Z3prt joined in zw3d 2015. Now for assembly *. Z3asm, he joined in zw2022. In official terms, it is suitable for PLM for convenient management!
*.Z3PRT他是在ZW3D 2015加入的,现在的针对装配体 *.Z3ASM他是ZW2022加入,就用官方说法,是为适用PLM方便管理!

Since he joined the single file format, I am more interested in him, so I have been following these years.
自从他加入单文件格式,我对他更感兴趣,所以一直跟随这些年。

https://www.zwsoft.com/product/zw3d/whats-new

I find the multi object just a blessing. I have part and drawing in just 1 file. Ideal for revision control and missing links.

Regards

Roland

HI BliTec:

The drawing will not be lost due to excessive loading…
图纸不会因为过大加载问题,丢失单个也不怕。。。

Hi Rusty,
About the single- and multi object dialog, there is a switch in the settings > General.
Uncheck the box and all is back to the way it always was.

Best regards,
Luurtgeneral

Not that I have noyiced. I make assemblies with inserted external parts. Each part is a multi object file. Generating the drawings in the part file, so I don’t have the drawing as a separate file. The assembly is also a multi object file contaning the assembly and the assembly drawing. I find this very convinient for revision control on my assy’s, parts and drawings.

Best regards

Roland

HI BliTec:
Thank you for sharing!
感谢你的分享!

I think there are several reasons why single object is a better option.

1. More robust - is you have a file corruption, one part is lost.
  2. Files load fast and assemblies are faster.
  3. Work on multiple objects moving from tab to tab easily without having to close object.
  4. Version control is easier. - with appropriate naming system.
  5. All objects are visible at level one, not hidden inside other files.
  6. PLM/PDM compatible
  7. Exported generic files match the original file directly.

Instructions;
Good Object naming is is critical. Part number only should be used, not descriptions.
Turn off all file search path Autos and manually add directory paths.
Change names, descriptions etc for objects in the multi-object environment BEFORE conversion to SO. (Make sure drawing names are included in renaming - tick box option in rename.)
Keep the old multi object file but zip it so there is no confusion.
Start in V2022 so you have the ASM assembly file.

Cheers - Paul

1 Like

HI Cowboy99:

I agree with you very much!
我很赞同你的观点!

Rather than a list why single object is a better option I would have liked to see a pro/con for both, single and multi-object options.

Fast top-down and in-context concept development and iteration are much more fluid in multi-object mode. That is one of the key advantages ZW3D has over other CAD systems. That does not mean I disagree with the list posted, I disagree that single object is always better!

Granted for mundane mechanical and machine design that might not play much of a role.

1 Like

HI PeterD:

I wonder how many components are there in the parts you designed?
不知道你设计的零件里面有多少个组件?