User defined table issue

Hello all,

I am trying to adjust the height & widths of some row & columns in a table I have created. I created the table with the required amount of rows & columns but when I try to adjust the height of a row or the width of a column from what the initial table is given then you cannot have anything less than 4 inches, it is ridiculous! My initial table has column widths of 1 inch & I want to make them 1/2 inch but ZW will not allow them to be anything less than 4 inches. I can make them anything above 4 inch no problem. This is true for trying to adjust the row height, they come out initially around 1/4 of an inch but try to change the height & again 4 inch is the minimum. This is clearly another bug or am I missing something?

John

Make sure you RMB for options.
The RMB menu changes depending on you selection, cell, slections of cells or whole table.
Once you have what you want, template it so you can bring up those settings next time you need a table,.

Cheers - Paul

Hi Paul,

That is exactly what I am doing. Have you tried creating a User Table for yourself? My colleague tried this also & found the same thing. If you create a new User Table & try to change the heights & widths of rows/columns you cannot have anything less than 4 inches. I RBM for the options as you suggest, & the formatting option appears, I click on that to get further options, adjust row height, adjust column width etc.

Regards
John

Hi John,
just tried this is a new part.
I can make the user table any size I want.
I am using metric units. Font height is 1mm in this table.
A4 sheet.
As you can see. it works OK here.
Not sure what to suggest, unless it is a setting that if forcing this. You can lock widths…
Cheers - Paul

Hi Paul,

You are correct, works fine when unit are in mm. Set your units to inches & see what happens.

John

Nah, dont like Inches. Messes with my head. Was one os those kids caught during the transition to metric, which is a much smarter measurement system :smile:

Cheers - Paul

Hi Paul,

Well I have gotten used to working with them now. I was born & raised in England & living there until 18 months ago. I moved to the US last year and the company I now work for deals in imperial measurements. Inches are easy, its ounces weight & fluid ounces that mess with my head!!

Regards John