Shaded view nor Image will print

Hi,

I’m having trouble with printing shaded views or logo (image) no mather what printer I use.

Doesn’t work on 2020, 2021 and 2022 and not on my HP ZBOOK nor on my HP Spectre X360.

The only way to get shaded views or logo (image) is to export to PDF 2D.

Does anybody have an idee how I can fix this.

Thanks in advance and have a nice day.

Best regards.

Peter

This problem is caused by the bug of the latest update of Windows 10.

Please uninstall the update KB5000808 to fix the problem. Windows will fix the bug asap.

If you are using Windows 10 20H1/20H2, the name of the update would be KB5000802.

If you are using Windows Server, the name of the update would be KB5000803.

2 Likes

Hi Howard,

Thank you very much. Worked for me on my HP ZBook.

On my HP Spectre X360 i’m not able to uninstall the KB. Tried the “wusa /uninstall /KB:5000802”, didn’t worked. A restore to an early date will do the job I geuss.

Best regards.

Peter

My Windows update included it yesterday in a long list of patches. I didn’t paid attention to list of features.

And now I can’t print, and I also am unable to uninstall the patch.
The option to uninstal in control pannel is not availlable for certain patches, including this one.
I even tried the command wusa /uninstall /kb:5000808. It only give an error message stating this update is required to my system and cannot be uninstalled.

My windows update have detected new patches today, for transition to windows 20H2 (I am windows 1909 at the moment). Its downloading right now. I will see if it does anything…

Sad Nicolas.

Hi Nicolas,

I had the same problem with my HP Spectre X360 and the KB:5000802.

Now I have the latest update KB:5001330 and everything works fine.

Hope for you too.

Best regards.

Peter

Latest Update

Hi,
I went there: https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB5001330&ranMID=24542&ranEAID=TnL5HPStwNw&ranSiteID=TnL5HPStwNw-VDLdXmcbtJ4nA7b7abUX3Q&epi=TnL5HPStwNw-VDLdXmcbtJ4nA7b7abUX3Q&irgwc=1&OCID=AID2000142_aff_7593_1243925&tduid=(ir__xxb3educrokftz3txka03fe3c22xuxnvcygq0n0c00)(7593)(1243925)(TnL5HPStwNw-VDLdXmcbtJ4nA7b7abUX3Q)()&irclickid=_xxb3educrokftz3txka03fe3c22xuxnvcygq0n0c00

I tried several of the packages, all gave me an error that they don’t correspond with my windows… :frowning:

Regards,
Nicolas.

Hi Nicolas,

I have a french Windows 10.

I didn’t go to the Windows Update Catalog. I got the KB:5001330 with Windows Update :

Maybe for your Windows the KB:5001330 won’t install.

Best Regards.

Peter

Hi PAvsec,

I don’t have this option available, batch of selected updates must come externally (probably why I got this 1 month after everyone else…).
Right now, I have this:

I won’t bother with this auto-update as I already know how it will end; it already failed yesterday.
Even for W10 v2004, we have tried numerous times, from windows auto-update, from website update, from USB files, from ISO files, from AnyDESK… everything failed. Then the company who handle our IT infrastructure checked for faulty SDD or faulty RAM sticks… nothing…
I cannot proceed from there.

In parallel to this thread, I also contacted my IT infrastructure management, to multiply the odds of fix proposed. I am only left with praying ^^.

Regards,
Nicolas.

NVIDIA just updated there Quadro Drivers with a release 21-04-2021

Cheers - Paul

Thanks,
I am gonna try that.

Nicolas.

Bha, I tried the 4 latests drivers version advised by nVidia’s website for my GPU (392.65 / 452.96 / 462.31 / 466.11) with no success.
The version release order is odd, as the 392.65 and 452.96 are the “newer” versions by release date, and none of them had the same “features” proposed at install, to wich point I don’t know anymore what is the most “up to date” update…

Maybe at least, it will fix my recurrent OpenGL crashes since ZW3D v2021. TIme will tell…

Regards,
Nicolas.

Hi Guys,

I suggest try going to your Nvidia control panel and there are 3 things to set. 1) “Set Physics Configuration” and change from Auto Select to your model of card. 2) set your graphics to always display “quality” and not let applications decide. 3) I use the "3D App game development " setting on the drop down.
Hope this helps.

Hi GreatLakes3D,

I tried those settings (except for 3, I didn’t found such parameter) with no noticeable progress about the printing issue. So I reverted back the changes.

The faulty KB fix is still locked, my computer still can’t update to v2004 or v20H2 to benefit from any potential late KB fix, hell it can’t even reinstall Windows10 uhuh.
I will just wait for our IT infrastructure management to sort things out. I already have “invested” quite some time into this.

Regards,
Nicolas.