Model lost references

I have been working with ZW3D for some months now & it continues to surprise & on occasion disappoint me. I have run into an issue recently which I simply cannot figure out. I really feel that this should not be happening with modern CAD software. So, I have a part model which replays from start to finish with no issues whatsoever. All my sketches are good, no lost references, a clean part. Now when I copy & paste this same part model into another root file it falls apart when I try to replay it, make changes to it. This model is absolutely fine inside the root file in which it was created but copy it to another and I have all sorts of issues with it, mainly lost references inside my sketches. The model is a simple part, not used in any assemblies, no external copy geometries, not linked to any other models. It makes absolutely no sense to me why my original model replays with no issues but a copy of it does not. Any ideas anyone? I would love to get to the bottom of this, it is driving me insane!!

Hi John, feel your pain.
Are you using separate object arrangement or multi-object files?
If MO, Iā€™d suggest you do a data clean then do a sperate process with the copy option. Include the drawing etc.
Data cleanup?
Cheers - Paul

1 Like

Hi Paul,

thanks for the reply. I gave it a go but sadly made no difference. Perhaps I was not following your instructions correctly but I passed on your email to somebody who should be able to. This is a real concern for me. It cost me hours last week & now I have a model I dare not replay because it falls apart & right now I not have the time to rebuild at the failed sketches. Thanks again for trying.

John

1 Like