Compromised part (entities selection impossible)

Hi everyone,

I have a library of pillars that I develop since 2-3 years (so it went through several ZW3D versions).

(by the way, I just noticed that ZW3D seems to mess with files metadatas as all my files creation date seems to be constantly edited to match last save date)

I use “template” parts, that contain all sketch and extrusion according to our rules, that I just duplicate and edit its main length, and regen, when we create a new length of pillar.
One of those template file is broken, in a way that make it impossible to interact with the mesh through the 3D view space (no solid, edges, faces, datum… selection possible).

• I can still go to the part history tree, and select solids or datum here.
  • I can still create sketch, and manually type the datum XYZ names (if only I had a way to check how my mesh face are called).
  • I have created another blank part in the file, and this one works perfectly.
  • I have tried to compare the initial BLOC solid “info entity” with another template part that have no issue, with nothing noticeably sticking out.
  • My selection filters seems “constant”.
  • Message window doesn’t show anything peculiar.
  • Hide/unhide all works correclty.
  • Right click/Zoom-all works correctly.
  • Right click/Select all (by exemple in geometry mirror operation), doesn’t select anything.
  • Mirrored mesh still have no selection interaction.
  • Newly generated mesh (in the broken part) don’t have selection interaction either.

I have no idea whats going on…

I really wish it was “fixable”, rather than redo the whole thing from scratch (especially since I only wish to add a simple sketch with 2 lines, to serve as constrain reference.

I am joining a trimmed version (the very first BLOC operation already generate a bugged solid)(v2022).

Regards,
Nicolas.test.Z3 (68.7 KB)

hi Nicolas_TR:

I’m sorry, I can’t understand. When I open this file, it’s just the box features!
很抱歉,我无法理解,我打开这个文件里面就方块特征而已!

Hi liangfen,

I’m sorry, I can’t understand. When I open this file, it’s just the box features!

Yes, exactly.

I am joining a trimmed version (the very first BLOC operation already generate a bugged solid).

On my side, this box feature is enought to generate a solid i can’t select (neither its edges, faces or vertices…)

Regards.

HI Nicolas_TR:

I see. There is indeed a component that cannot be selected. Maybe there is a problem in the data!
我明白了,确实有个组件无法选择,或许数据内部出问题了!

HI Nicolas_TR:

Maybe there is a problem with that component, maybe it is the problem of the new assembly mode. Try copying the features of this component (select the features of the modeling tree Ctrl + C, and then paste them in the new component Ctrl + V, so that it can be selected normally!)

也许那个组件有问题,可能是新装配模式问题吧,你试试把这个组件的特征复制(选取建模树的特征Ctrl+C,然后在新建的组件里,Ctrl+V把他们粘贴过去,这样它可以正常选取了!)

Bc

Ahh I feel dumb. I haven’t thought about this simple idea…
It works like a charm.

Thanks,
Nicolas.